CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday


As Maxine would say...I have inner beauty and I have the video from my colonoscopy to prove it! All is well, and I am just chillin' on the couch for awhile taking advantage of the peace and quiet. The Knight took Nana and the kids to Bible School tonight so I can rest.

I bet the insurance company thinks we are a bunch of hypochondriacs. This week we filed for two dentist appointments, a visit to the ER, and a ERD and colonoscopy.

I have 3 small fight like a girl t-shirts and a 4XL if anyone wants to buy them for a 10 dollar donation to the American Cancer society.

I have a brand new pack-n-play and a very nice co-sleeper I'd like to give to someone who needs them.

I made an adorable video I wanted to post here, but it didn't work. Can anyone telll me how to post a video on my blog?

Please pray for my friends Agnes Duncan and Pam Lee. They both had surgery this week. Did you know that gall bladders are way out of style and if you have one, you should get rid of it asap.

Remember to pray for my mom. She's having a hard time this week. I hope to get down there to see her soon.

If you are going on vacation to the beach I can't be your friend. But you could take me with you.

On the day I wasn't allowed to eat anything, Nana came in with two tins full of chocolate chip cookies, chocolate peanuts and pretzels, butterscotch bars and a big bag of M&Ms. Now that I can eat, nothing's left. *sigh*

Woody refuses to have his picture taken even though his fur is growing out nicely.

I bet I won't be able to get the kids to go back to the Life Center next week. Anybody want to babysit?

The Knight has a honey-do list with 14 items on it. So sad.

It's possible there could be more sand in my house than in the sandbox.

I wish I could talk to my dad. There's something I need to discuss with him. I'm pretty sure he'd like the idea, but I need his opinion.

The Little Man got a garbage truck for his end of school gift for straight A's, best behavior award, teacher's pet, most likely to succeed, best looking, best all around. Okay, no. But if they gave those kinds of awards in 2-K he'd have won them I feel sure. Woody didn't like the garbage man that came with it, so he ate him up.

Has anyone else heard, "So what are doing today, mom?" 37 times yet?

I lost 3 pounds in 24 hours. I feel so proud of my accomplishment.

I'm done with Jon and Kate.

I am thankful for my Christain upbringing, my husband, my children, my family, my church family, my friends, and neighbors and my blog readers. May God bless you all.

I want to be content-I want more of Christ and less of everything else.

I want to know you more, Lord.

I want to be content in where I am.

I want to be content in what I do.

I want to be content in what I have.

I want to be content in who I'm with.

I wan this verse to be true in me--Philippians 4:11 For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Happy 40th birthday Suzie McCoy. Call me when you've fallen and can't get up. Love you girl!










7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
Thanks for being my friend! I will pray for your mom. Glad things turned out okay for you today. Have a great day tomorrow. Have fun with Nana while ya'll are out and about. I will talk with you later. Love ya and take care.
Sandy

Karen said...

Sorry all the goodies got gone before you could get any! How about some more chocolate chip cookies? Also, I will keep your children anytime!! HELP!! I think mine need someone else to play with besides each other! They are bickering non-stop!!!!!
Your blog always makes me smile (or cry). Love, Karen

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,

We are leaving for Destin tomorrow, you can come with us BUT...you have to be my friend! Lol!

I heard that Suzie McCoy is still one HOT TAMALE!

Shannon D.

Anonymous said...

Alisa
I'm glad everything went well for you today. It's good to hear that you are squeaky clean.
Yes, it would be nice if our friend would take us with her to the beach but I guess we will have to stay here and chill.
Maybe we can get together one day. I can babysit for you if you need me to. See you Sunday. Have a great weekend.
Love ya
Pat

Clarissa said...

Yeah, I got rid of my gall bladder 6 years ago. Apparently, I was ahead of the trend!

Unknown said...

As always, I would love to babysit :) Just let me know if/when you need me. Love ya! God Bless!

Unknown said...

YOU ARE A TRUE FRIEND! YOU LISTEN, YOU ANSWER AND YOUR PRAY!!
THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO FOR MY FAMILY! I HAVE YOU ON SPEED DIAL, BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE I MAY FALL: PUBLIX, CHIC FI LA OR WALMART!
THANKS FOR BEING SO SPECIAL!
SUZ