Allison had he
r piano recital Sunday and we were so proud of all she accomplished her first year. My parents made me take piano and I hated it. I had to ride my bike to my lesson and you have never seen a bicycle go so slow!!! But oh how I wish I could play now. So I am trying the "whatever" approach with Allison; it's sort of like reverse psychology, I guess. I don't fuss much about practicing and I don't hover and I act like it wouldn't bother me one bit if she quit. So far it's working. She has two fantastic role models from church, Sarah and Samantha, who played wonderfully yesterday too, so maybe she'll be inspired to stick with it.
Allison and Zoey are SO competitive it drives me crazy. Today's conversation went like this. "Zoey, today your friend Carter said I am much nicer than you are." Zoey counters with "I asked your friend Kaylee if she liked you or me best and she picked me!" I want them to be the best of friends, but so far, it's not working out that way. They seem to be fighting more and more these days. AND on top of that the Little Man has hit some kind of stage. Does not listen when I call, does not want to go to bed, dumps out his drink deliberately and screams when he's not happy. What has happenend to my laid back, jolly Little Man? Yesterday he cried because Zoey was singing HIS song. For crying out loud.
I keep thinking about the title of this blog-So blessed, too stressed- and really that is what I am. God has blessed me so much in my life. So much more than I ever imagined. I have had some difficult times, but I have had more gains than losses and I want to praise God for that. But still, I'm too stressed. I think I need more popsicles...............
4 comments:
Yes, Tuesdays weather calls for lots of sun and thriving temperatures...( possibililty of some kids shooting the breeze)
Better keep the popsickles in hand and close to mouth!
Tell Allison that we are so proud of her!
Shannon D.
Hey Alisa
The popsicles sound like a great idea. (banana is my favorite)
NO, Im sure your girls are the best of friends. They just don't show it. But, if one really needed the other they would be there.
It's kind of like those true friends we talked about a few weeks ago. If you need someone they are always there. It doen't matter how long it's been since you've talked to them. Everything just seems to pick up where you left off.
Try not to worry about the girls to much. They are going to argue, and even say they hate each other but when it comes down to it they love each other. They need each other, and one day they will even want to pal around.
Tomorrow will be a better day.
Love ya,
Pat
Cana was grumpy today too.
Alisa,
Do you think they will share there popsicles? You have wonderful children. They are so precious. It seems like they grow up so fast. My kids do the same thing about fighting. I try to say to them "If you can't say nothing nice to each other than don't say nothing at all" (It help about 5 seconds and then we have to start back again) God has been good and I have been blessed!!! I sure love the song the kids sing. I hope you have a wonderful day and count down to summer is on. So ready for a break! Talk with you later.
Love ya,
Sandy
Girl!!! I feel you!!!! My girls will be playing like angels one minute and fighting like cats and dogs the next!! The screams are unbearable!!! (theirs are almost as loud as mine!) I left them in the tub for 2 minutes last night and could hear them fighting as soon as I left the room!!! And....I am homeschooling Olivia in the fall! Am I crazy???? She sasses me night and day!!! She reminds me of me when I was 12!!! And...Caroline throws things and refuses to pick them up unless I stand over her. Her favorite word is NO. I am determined to get control of these girls this summer or NO FUN FOR ANYONE!!! hahahahaha
So....let me know...and we'll take them all to the park and let them run wild together for a while.
Take heart - you are not alone.
:-)
Post a Comment