CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

All is well with the Fern5. I had some catching up to do this week after being sick a few days last week. I am still so behind on laundry I considered loading it all in the van and taking it to the laundry mat and doing it all at the same time. It's to the point now where I have piles all over the place because the hamper is too full. I don't know where the times goes. That's such a cliche I know, but it's true. My daily routine looks like this-(Not that you're interested, I'm just validating my lack of housekeeping here people, so humor me.) Get the girls up, ready and out the door by 7:30. Home, shower, breakfast and out the door with the Little Man by 8:45. Run errands or Bible Study or home to put away groceries and then pick up Little Man by 12. Lunch, read books, play, try to get LM to take nap. Pick up girls at bus stop at 2:50. Try to the LM to take a nap. Homework, play, cook supper. Bath, books, bed. Then I'm on the phone, computer, or watching tv or doing my Bible study until bed time. See what I mean. Did you see any time in there for laundry? No, me neither.

We are thrilled that the weather has gotten warmer. Went for a bike ride today and it was so nice outside. The Little Man complained the whole time because he wanted to be at home playing in the sandbox. Yesterday I walked Woody and he drove his Arctic Cat to the bus stop. The girls were happy to see him and they loaded their backpacks into the trunk and made him take them home. They skipped and sang and soaked up the sun and he cried the whole way. See why I try to get him to nap?

So David is living with the consequences of his sin and I am so sad. I'm sad for his family who had to suffer and I'm sad that a good man was brought down hard by sin. I'm sad that a man after God's own heart made some bad choices that changed not only his life, but his entire family's life forever. Godly people do unGodly things every day. No one is immune. I had a friend who made some poor choices and most people who knew her just got mad and stopped being her friend. I never understood that. I know I'm vulnerable to the devils tricks because he tries them on me everyday. Discouragement is his number one tactic with me. I hear "Why do you even try?" and "What makes you think YOU are capable of this?" "There's really no point in what you are doing so why not let someone else who is smarter/thinner/better/holier/neater/nicer/etc. do it?" He stands outside my door everyday disguising his voice to try and get me to let him in. So the days when I haven't been praying and reading my Bible or maybe even when I'm just tired and frustrated, I may just fall for it and open up the door just a bit and peek out. As soon as I do it's like he jams his foot inside and forces himself in. Then we usually go at it for the rest of the day. Fern vs. Satan. Check it out on youtube. And before you know it I'm talking ugly to my children, being a grouch to the Knight, gossiping on the phone, and feeling like a fat failure. So I have learned that I can't even allow myself to listen. My mind has to be on God's word. I must stay focused on the One who saved me from my sin and set my feet on higher ground. I have to call on His name a thousand times a day. My eyes have to look upward. Because I'm David. And so are you. God chose me and anointed me, not to be king over all Israel someday, but to be a light in my community and a Godly mother and a wife and a Middle School Sunday School teacher. I'm vulnerable to sin, not because I'm hanging out like a peeping tom on some rooftop, but because I'm a woman after God's own heart and the devil hates me. And if you love God he hates you too. So be ready my friend. Don't even open the door.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this because it is so true. And I feel like it all ties together. We have so much going on in our lives and we so often let the "little things" (like laundry and schoolwork) become big things and get our mind distracted from God and Godly thoughts. Then the next thing we know there we are looking through the peep hole in the door of our heart. And although Satan's standing there in plain view we so often open the door and let him walk right into our heart. Maybe because we're so busy with other things we're blind to the fact that it's even him or possibly because we just ignore what we know to be the truth and think "Well just letting him in for a minute won't hurt." As long as what we're gossiping about is true then it isn't really gossip, right? Or as long as we only "look on Bathsheba" once then it won't hinder us that much, will it? Wrong. It does. And every piece of our mind, body, and soul that we hand over to Satan is one less part of ourselves that we can give to God for Him to use for His glory. Wow, this blog entry gave me a lot to think about. Thanks so much for sharing!