February 3rd. February 3rd. February 3rd. A day that will forever be ingrained in my memory. I cannot let this day go by without taking time to remember where I was one year ago. Time has passed so quickly even though some days were the longest of my life. I spent the majority of this past year recovering from some sort of surgery and I still stick by my excuse that three times under anesthesia in one year depleted far too many of my brain cells. I had body parts removed and organs extracted. I was expanded and implanted. I was reconstructed and even flattened. What a year!
On this same day one year ago, doctors at the Mayo Clinic confirmed that my dad did indeed have inoperable lung cancer. I am still unsure why these two things happened on the same day. I remember writing in my blog back then that the day the doctors took my cancer away was the day the doctors discovered cancer in Dad. That just never has set well with me. Was that some sort of exchange? A bargain? I just can't let myself even go there. Oh Pop, I miss you so.
So as I look back and recount the events of February 3rd, 2009, I can say that "in God I trust." I believe now more than ever that He knows what is best and that he can not only turn bad things around and use them for His glory, but He can mend broken hearts and heal diseased bodies. He, and only He, decides who lives and who dies. I feel blessed today that God has given me more life here on Earth as well as a promise of life with Him for eternity. I feel blessed that my Dad had a wonderful life here on Earth and is now getting to spend forever in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. And one day, perhaps not too many years from now, I'm going to get to see them both. Perhaps it'll be on a February 3rd.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a beautiful blog post!
I really don't know what to say, except that I am so blessed to have you in my life. I am so thankful that God IS so good to us. Love ya Pat
At church last Wednesday, which was the 3rd :), this quote stuck with me: "God's timing depends on His glory". I believe your life exemplifies that perfectly! Love you and your sweet spirit!
Shannon G.
Post a Comment