CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines

I just finished up doing valentines for Zoey and the Little Man. He of course is too little to do his own and Zoey, well, it just hurt her hand too much to write out all those names. I think eating some of that candy may cause me to have a relapse of the stomach bug I've had this week. I have zero will power when it comes to candy. Zero. But this girl doesn't need any so if you were planning to shower me with chocolates this year, Hon, don't do it please. You could take me out to Capri's for some toasted ravioli, though.

Anyway, just wanted to update you on David. I just love that guy. He was the apple of God's eye and worked so hard to please him and then WHAM. One afternoon he let himself give into lust and then he just spiraled downward just like something you'd see in a soap opera. I guess it's because of David that I try not to be too hard on people who make mistakes. Murderers aside. But I can see that people can get themselves in a fix and then wind up making everything worse when they try to hide what they've done. I am so glad God doesn't give up on us though and He forgives us and allows us to start over. David is a perfect example God's mercy. He did have to suffer the painful consequences of his mistakes, but God continued to love him. The best thing to do is to always be where you are supposed to be with God, walking closely, maintaining a relationship with him through prayer and His word. Otherwise, you could find yourself in a soap opera too.

As I mentioned earlier, the stomach bug visited here this week so things got a little off course when the Mama Bear was out. Last weekend we had a great time snowtubing with our middle school kids from church. It was SO cold though and although my boots were very cute, they did not keep my feet warm whatsoever. Not a good trade off there I must say. Those kids were so well-behaved and so fun to be with and even this old woman went down the hill a few times.

Lots more to write about but I must go. Hope all is well with you!

1 comments:

Karen said...

Olivia's hand gets tired, too! But guess what? She volunteered to write out Caroline's Valentine's tonight and did them all without complaining! What?? It was such a big help to me!

You are right on about David. God loved him through all of his mistakes - just like He does us. He knows we're gonna mess up and I know how it hurts a parent to see your child hurting. Praise God His mercies are neverending!

Glad you had fun snowtubing. Sorry about your yucky bug! I'll be seeing Little Man tomorrow - I'll helping with the Valentine party. Caroline is sooooo excited!!

Love,
Karen