CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

So much to catch up on...

The first thing I want to tell you is that my sister-in-law Suzy found out she had breast cancer a few weeks ago and had a mastectomy on the 31st. I have been wanting to ask you to pray for her and many of you have, so I thank you. Hers was found on her routine mammogram (you better stay up with yours girlfriends!!) and it turned out to be DCIS-ductal carcinoma in-situ just like mine. She has a very good prognosis so hopefully the surgery will be all she needs. I am just in shock that cancer has hit our family again in such a short time frame. She is a fabulous SIL-she must be special if she is married to my brother- and I hate that this has happenend to her, but she is so strong and I know she will be fine. But keep her in your prayers please.

We just returned from a Labor Day trip to see my family in Arkansas and after a series of mishaps-missed our connecting flight and got stuck in Atlanta Airport for 3 hours with three children, got lost, boat ran out of gas- and then the worst thing immaginable happened-my grandmother fell and broke her hip. Surgery yesterday went well and she will hopefully be in rehab before the week's end. My mom was planning to return home this week, but she will now stay on to be with Grandma, which she is happy to do.
Have I mentioned that my mom is the most patient person I know AND the most positive? She really is and the more time I spend around other people the more I realize this fact. She is THE BEST. When I think about this year from her perspective I see that her husband was diagnosed with cancer and passed away one month later, her daughter had cancer and surgery, her daughter-in-law had cancer and surgery and now her mom has a broken hip. Yet, when I talk to her she focuses on the GOOD stuff. Today it was-"Mama had a good night's rest and isn't in pain. I slept good on the hospital couch and had a nice shower." Can you believe her? Most people would be like "I can't believe I have to stay in this hospital and my back hurts and I want to go home and why is this happenening to me and this is not what I had planned..... " Geez, I want to be just like her.
So, this is a quick update of whats going on with us. September is tuning up to be quite busy. Hope all is well with all of you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alisa
I will be praying for you and your family. Your mama is a very strong woman. God will take care of her. (He giveth grace unto the lowly) Prov.4:34 I hope your SIS does ok.
love ya,
pat

Trina said...

I am sorry to hear about Suzy and your grandma. Will Suzy have any treatment? I hope they both have a speedy recovery. It sounds like you have been very busy. Hopefully you can have a little down time and a bubble bath!
LY,
Trina