
The Little Man decided that he would take Puff the Magic Dragon and its accompanying musical CD to school today. He was beside himself with excitement as Puff has been a favorite library book and then recently received his own copy from my Aunt Gussie. So at 8:15 he layed on the bath mat outside the shower with his book on his chest and his feet on the wall ."Can we go now?" he asked.
"It's too early. Mrs. Libby is not even at school yet. Mommy still has to get dressed." I said. So LM flopped down on the step stool with Puff on his head. "Why don't you go get dressed too." I suggested. He is gone for 2 minutes.
"Can we go now?" LM asks coming around the corner with Puff under his arm and his shirt now put on, but backwards.
"Soon, Mommy has to do her hair. Go put on your pants and get some socks and bring me your shoes and I'll help you get them on." I said as I started to dry my hair.
LM comes back in 2 minutes wearing jeans properly and carrying Puff like a tray with socks and shoes on top and delivers it to my vanity, steps back onto the stool beside me and moans. "Can we go NOW?"
"Mommy has to put on make-up. Put down my make-up brush,"I say. "Boys don't wear make-up."
"Alex wear make-up?" He inquires from atop his perch. "Nope." I say while he lightly brushes his face with Clinique's all over bronzing powder.
"Jake-up wear make-up?" He wondered with a rhyme, moving on to the Victoria Secret lip gloss.
"Nope. Just mommies." I say as I line my eyes with khaki and he coats his lips with coconut.
"Can we go now?" He sighs, stepping down from the stool and balancing the book/tray.
"Not yet. Mommy is still putting on her make-up." I said leaning into the mirror and curling my eyelashes.
Exasperated, he throws Puff down along with his socks and shoes, slams my make-up drawer closed and says through gritted teeth,"JUST BE A BOY MAMA AND LET'S GO!"
"It's too early. Mrs. Libby is not even at school yet. Mommy still has to get dressed." I said. So LM flopped down on the step stool with Puff on his head. "Why don't you go get dressed too." I suggested. He is gone for 2 minutes.
"Can we go now?" LM asks coming around the corner with Puff under his arm and his shirt now put on, but backwards.
"Soon, Mommy has to do her hair. Go put on your pants and get some socks and bring me your shoes and I'll help you get them on." I said as I started to dry my hair.
LM comes back in 2 minutes wearing jeans properly and carrying Puff like a tray with socks and shoes on top and delivers it to my vanity, steps back onto the stool beside me and moans. "Can we go NOW?"
"Mommy has to put on make-up. Put down my make-up brush,"I say. "Boys don't wear make-up."
"Alex wear make-up?" He inquires from atop his perch. "Nope." I say while he lightly brushes his face with Clinique's all over bronzing powder.
"Jake-up wear make-up?" He wondered with a rhyme, moving on to the Victoria Secret lip gloss.
"Nope. Just mommies." I say as I line my eyes with khaki and he coats his lips with coconut.
"Can we go now?" He sighs, stepping down from the stool and balancing the book/tray.
"Not yet. Mommy is still putting on her make-up." I said leaning into the mirror and curling my eyelashes.
Exasperated, he throws Puff down along with his socks and shoes, slams my make-up drawer closed and says through gritted teeth,"JUST BE A BOY MAMA AND LET'S GO!"
4 comments:
I love the "Adventures of Anders!" You should write a book of all his simple, yet problem solving quotes!! He and your girls are really a blessing! Thank you for sharing them with all of us.
Trina
Sometimes it might be easier to be a boy mommie. I love it.
Love
Pat
Hilarious! That boy is a riot!!!
I Love it!!!!!
Post a Comment