I am looking forward to getting started on my new Bible study-Experiencing God. Today's lesson alone has really spoken to me. "As you follow Jesus one day at a time, He will keep you in the center of his will." I love that. Often when I pray I will ask God to keep me smack dab in the center of His will, but the most important thing I must do is to follow Him day by day. He's not going to lay out a big year-at-a-glance calendar for us to follow Him by, it has to be a day- by-day desire to walk with Him.
Prayer requests---My neighbor found out yesterday that she has breast cancer. It seems like I am hearing more and more women who are being diagnosed. It looks like she may have to have chemotherapy AND radiation. I hope that I can be an encouragement to her and her family in some way. My sister-in-law is doing well so thank you for praying for her. My grandma is not making progress in the rehab center as we had hoped. She is not able to walk, so maybe today's xray will diagnose the problem. She only has a little over a week left there so she must make great strides so she can go home. A friend of mine that I used to work with has requested prayer for her sister and her family. She has battled breast cancer for over a year and has decided to stop treatment. But God can still heal her. Just pray that He will give them peace. Kyndal, the Chapman's oldest daughter has a problem with her hip. Hopefully the shot they gave her while she was here will prevent her from having surgery. Please pray for that sweet girl and always for her family. My friend Julia has been having a lot of trouble that hasn't been diagnosed. Pray that her tests go well tomorrow and that she will get some news that can help her get her on the road to recovery. Remember my friend Magdalene who has had trouble with her blood pressure. She is too stubborn to go have it checked out and I am worried about her. Zoey is going through a little period of insecurity. Mr. Phillips broke his hip and lots of people are sick, Eve's dog is missing and Marty has a toothache. I hope you will take a moment to pray for these and feel free to let me know about what's on your heart. You know God is able. Love you all.......
5 comments:
I'm looking forward to this Bible study. I know God has something special for us. Please pray for Mr Phillips. We learned tonight that he is going to have more surgery in the morning. They found a grwoth on his bladder.
The Lord bless thee and keep thee.
Num.6:24
love ya,
Pat
I LOVE "Experiencing God". I did tht study years ago and loved it. I would like to to do it again sometime.
I just prayed in agreement with you on your prayer requests. Your list is as long as mine. It seems there are so many people sick and hurting. Yes, God is able.
Alisa, you will be a great encouragement to your neighbor and your sister-in-law. You know what they are going through and God has healed you. God is using you. You are a testimony to them. God is able.
Love, Karen
Alisa you are such a blessing.. I LOVE YOU GIRL. We will be in much prayer for all of these special request.
I have a request for several of my co-workers. Susan Kay goes today at 4:45 to find out the results of her breast biopsy. Stacy Mills grandfather passed away yesterday with cancer and they just found out last week he died exactly one week from finding out. And my grandmother is still in Easley Hospital very sick. They don't know what is going on.
Love ya lots
nik
PS Can't wait for the ladies meeting, last month was such a BLESSING!!!I know each one will be as well.
Today in the car line I wanted to ask you what you were doing with all this "FREE" time every morning! Now I know. If you are starting Experiening God, then you will be very busy with our God who wants a relationship that is Real and Personal. I love that study! And your prayer list is enough to keep anyone busy. God is going to use you and I pray that you will begin to see HIM at work more and more all around you! Love ya, Ms. Cynde
Hi Alisa, I'm so excited about this study. I've had you on my mind again this week. You have been touched by such sadness this year. I'm so glad that you have Christ in your life to help you deal with it all. You are being used by God in ways that you aren't even aware of to minister to others. Looking at the study this week on adjusting our lives to meet him where he is working, I couldn't help but think of you and your family. Please know that you are in our prayes as you minister to others, especially those facing cancer. Thank you for your willingness to share your happiness as well as your heartbreak with us.
love ya,
Pam
Post a Comment