CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

that's not a movie star-that's my mom!

I have always been envious of friends whose parents lived close by. I missed out not having my parents for Sunday dinners, birthday celebrations, ball games, school events, emergency kid issues, etc. I have often thought to myself "Why did I ever choose to live so far away from my parents?" Must have been crazy-in-love or something like that.

It's been great having my mom here this week. She is really just a pleasure to be around. I worry the kids get on her nerves with their incessant chatter, yelling, flip-flopping, and bossy attitudes, but if they are, she is handling it well. She helps me without me having to tell her what I need. She's pretty cool like that. She has always taken such good care of me and she still is. She knows God has something else in store for her life and I secretly hope it's to move in next door to her favorite daughter. Whatever it is, I just hope to spend more time together like we have this week.

1 comments:

Karen said...

Alisa,
I'm so glad you are having a great week with your mom. I know you know this...but treasure your time with her. There is NO ONE like your mother. No one will ever love you the same, as much or as unconditionally. I miss mine SO MUCH!!
Love,
Karen