So anyway, my latest craft idea is this daily prayer calendar. I had the best time making these cards with my new Hallmark cardmaker software, laminating them (yes, I have my own laminator) and then tying them up with ribbon. I wanted it to be handy enough for a mom to throw in her purse or keep in the car. The idea is that each day you pray a different virtue for your children. We do not pray for our children enough and with the way this world is, we need to cover them in prayer daily. For example- day 12 is Courage and it says "Lord, may my children always be strong and courageous in their character and their actions" and on the back I have typed out Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them...
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Call me Crafty
I've been working third shift on my latest craft project. The kids don't go to bed until so late now that my only FREE time is between 10 and 12am. Call me if you're up and we'll chat sometime. If you've known me for very long you know how I love crafts. Not the popsicle stick variety, but usually something pertaining to the house or the kids. In fact, I'd love to be an artist; Mary Engelbreit is my fav. The highest compliment you can give me is to tell me that I am creative. I want to be the first to come up with a great idea. My favorite things are- ribbon(remember my short lived Zoe's Bows business?), painting(remember those adorable Halloween buckets?) and of course anything dealing with school supplies. That's probably the real reason I became a teacher in the first place. Oh how I love decorative papers, calligraphy pens, stationery, paint pens, Sharpies and such. I am so happy when I sit down with a freshly sharpened pencil and a brand new notebook. I just love that Staples and Hobby Lobby are in the same strip mall!
So anyway, my latest craft idea is this daily prayer calendar. I had the best time making these cards with my new Hallmark cardmaker software, laminating them (yes, I have my own laminator) and then tying them up with ribbon. I wanted it to be handy enough for a mom to throw in her purse or keep in the car. The idea is that each day you pray a different virtue for your children. We do not pray for our children enough and with the way this world is, we need to cover them in prayer daily. For example- day 12 is Courage and it says "Lord, may my children always be strong and courageous in their character and their actions" and on the back I have typed out Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them...
So anyway, my latest craft idea is this daily prayer calendar. I had the best time making these cards with my new Hallmark cardmaker software, laminating them (yes, I have my own laminator) and then tying them up with ribbon. I wanted it to be handy enough for a mom to throw in her purse or keep in the car. The idea is that each day you pray a different virtue for your children. We do not pray for our children enough and with the way this world is, we need to cover them in prayer daily. For example- day 12 is Courage and it says "Lord, may my children always be strong and courageous in their character and their actions" and on the back I have typed out Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Alisa, I think that is the best idea! YOU ARE ONE CRAFTY, CREATIVE CHICK!!! :) I think you and I really need to get together! It sounds like we have so much in common and don't even realize it! I don't think I am as crafty and creative as you, but I try anyway. When I drop Eve off at the gym, Jasy and I usually head to Hobby Lobby. We pulled in Thursday and she said, "not this store again". lol.
I would love for you to make one for my kiddos! That is so sweet of you to do that for people! Let me know if you need any help!
BTW- your mom is the cutest lady! I see where you get it now!
Alisa,
You are a creative person! I only wish I had some of those talents but the Lord just didn't give that to me. But I'm sure glad he gave you that talent and you are my friend!! I love my Praying for my children. That is the neatest thing. I love all of the days. I was going to put some of the days that really meant alot to me but I can't because they are all sooo good. Thank you so much and I will put this to use everyday. I have a few people I would like you to do for me for christmas if you don't mind. If you don't mind I will get you a picture and I will pay you so be letting me know how much you will do it for. Good luck on this project and believe me I think you will do great. Anyone reading this put your order in b/c it is a great idea and you will love it. It is the perfect gift for any mothers and I would say grandmothers too!! Be one of the first 500 so you won't be late!! You will not regret having one of these with you.( Alisa, you don't have to pay me for advertising it is FREE!!!LOL) Love you and thank you so much for mine!!! Talk with you later.
Love,
Sandy
Alisa,
Are you serious about your offer, because I would love to have one of those. I would pay you for your creativeness and time, just let me know a price and where to send the picture too. I will pray for you, that you make the right decisions you. You are beautiful just the way you are. Thanks.
Lisa
Dear Crafty,
I would LOVE to have one!!! How much???? I will email a picture asap! What a great idea!!
Love,
Karen
Please still be making these in 10 years when I have kids. I would love to have one but unfortunately I don't have a picture for you yet... I don't even have names :|
This idea idorable though. Keep up the good work.
And I LOVE school supplies too. I now actually know someone besides me who would love to receive school supplies as a present :)
I still remember my bag of school supplies you got me once a long time ago... a very good present by the way. I felt a little like a dork for getting so happy over school supplies of all things :)
I'm glad you made it back safely and it was nice to have your Mom at church yesterday.
Enjoy this week... see you Wednesday. God Bless!
Post a Comment