CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Singing at Sea

The Fern5 had a great time on the cruise. I have always wanted to go on a tropical vacation in the winter and this one was perfect! The casinos and bars were shut down and replaced with fantastic southern gospel singing and preaching. A day in Freeport, a day at Half Moon Cay, and a day in Nassau, followed by a whole day at sea. I was especially glad that the ship left out of my hometown of Jacksonville and my mom was able to join us. We also had our friends the Lees and the Deatons and Mrs. Barbara along to add to the fun.



Allison enjoyed some independence on the cruise because we felt it was a safe atmosphere. Jake didn'tmind if she tagged along with him to get ice cream ten times a day.

Our waiter, Tiger, loved Zoey. She even got up and danced with him much to the delight of our friends. I was in the cabin that night seasick.
.
We were so happy hhat Anders enjoyed the activities at Camp Carnival so that we could go hear the singing and preaching without him getting restless and bored. I think my men are so handsome!We were so busy and having a great time that week, but still in the back of my mind I was contemplating that voice that seemed to say "I do have more planned for you. I'm not going to leave you in that laundry room. I am putting you back to work. Raise those children up to serve me and I will take care of everything else. Remember to seek me first. " Even though I was thinking about it constantly, I could not bear to utter a word to Pete or the kids. I just knew Pete would think I was nuts and surely the girls would not comply. They love school way too much to give it up. I had no intention of opening up that can of worms during our relaxing family vacation. And plus, I was so afraid that speaking it out loud might make it a done deal. And I'm not sure if you know this or not, but I ain't no fan of homeschooling.

0 comments: