CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Monday, April 5, 2010

What if...

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Our whole weekend was packed with fun. It started out Friday with a fun trip to Gattitown with friends. Then that evening we dyed eggs and had an egg hunt with our neighbors. Saturday was our church Easter egg hunt. Saturday night we had Easter drama practice and then a get together with our middle school class at Jake's house. We had to get up Sunday morning at six to get to church in time for the drama and the pancake breakfast. Whew! By this time I was exhausted and ended up taking a two hour nap Saunday afternoon, which I never do.

Even with all the weekend's activities I tried to take time to really reflect on the good news of Easter. I tried to imagine what my life would be like had I not ever been introduced to Jesus. What if I had not been brought up in church hearing Bible stories all my life? What if my mom and dad had not been good Christian role models for me? What if I had not gotten back into church after my rebellious years at Clemson? What if that tomb had not been empty? What if, like some believe, Jesus had not come back from the dead?What if,like some believe, I had to work my way to Heaven? Oh, there are so many "what ifs" to consider. So I'll just stop here and say that I am some very thankful that I serve a risen savior. I don't have to be good enough to be there in Heaven someday. I don't have to do a certain number of things to make it in. All I had to do was accept the free gift He had to offer. The gift of forgiveness. The gift of love. The gift of salvation. For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16.

0 comments: