CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Life's not fair....

I wanted to move. I just wanted to be closer to my church. I decluttered my house, rented a storage unit for the junk and put my house on the market. Nothing. It's not gonna happen. Not now. The Knight and I both know the Lord has a reason for keeping us here. We are happy and at peace.

I made plans. It was going to be a worthwhile activity. It was going to be fun. I had already invited all my friends. But the Lord spoke to me very clearly and told me I had better things to do with my time. So I'm backing out. Sorry to disappoint. I feel somewhat relieved.

I'm finding out more and more everyday that life isn't about me. My wants are not necessarily what I need. My timetable does not matter. If things aren't turning out the way I want, there is a good reason. I've paced the floor, racked my brain and lost sleep. Even though time and energy is lost, hopes and dreams are postponed, doors are closed and prayers seem unanswered- God is still in control. He has answered my prayers. I got one "Not now. Maybe later" and one "No."

I get the feeling that something is in the works. Maybe a lesson in how to be satisfied with less, or maybe blooming where you are planted. And when I consult His word I get advice like- seek ye first the kingdom of God, or my ways are not your ways, or I know the plans I have for you, or fix your eyes on Jesus, or come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.

So even when my plans aren't working out right, or when the economy is slow, or I want to join in something that could be a lot of fun -I must seek God first, I must realize that my ideas are not His ideas, that He has the plan for me that is good. I'm reminded again that I must look to Him as the author of my life and rest in the fact that life isn't fair, but God is good.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR NEW PAGE IT IS SO COLORFULL AND REALLY CUTE. YES I BELEIVE THINGS ARE MOVING AND THINGS ARE HAPPENING 2 MORE SAVED AT GOLDEN CREEK TONIGHT 4TH WEEK OF SERVICES DOWN THERE . MILE CREEK ON FIRE WITH THE YOUNG PEOPLE I REALLY BELIEVE GOD IS FIXING TO MAKE A BIG BIG MORE LIKE THE SKY OPENING AND HE SAYS COME ON HOME CHILDERN.LOVE FMJ