So the bad news is The Little Man is now sick with a fever and stuffiness. The good news is-Pete is off tomorrow!!!! TLM came to our bed in the middle of the night with a fever of 103.6. So we threw him in the tub and dosed him with Motrin and prayed. So today was not the funnest, but everyone is okay. We kept Allison at home in an effort to be good citizens just in case, but so far no symptoms. So The Knight keeps asking me if Zoey was tested and how she was tested and what the doctor said etc. etc. They swabbed her nasal passages and came back and said it was positive for the flu. He said it was too early for seasonal flu so we assume its most likely h1n1. No hon, they did not send it off to NASA. Yes, they really did test her, Sure, yes, it could be any other strain of the flu, not necessarily H1N1. Maybe it' s the H4N4. Sheesh-he's so technical.
So just so you know, we are just treating the symptoms. Motrin for the fever and Triaminic for the cough. Lots of rest, fluids and tv. I've been in a cleaning out frenzy, not sterilizing, just purging junk. The devil has it in for me so we have been having it out today. He will leave me alone tomorrow so beware- he may show up at your house.
Do you have days like that where you feel like the devil wants to mess with your mind? He digs up my past to me a lot. He tells me what a loser I am and basically knows how to really get to me. But the good thing, no the fantastic thing is, I don't have to listen to that. I am God's girl, He has forgiven me and forgotten my sins and I answer to Him and Him only.
Like 1John 1:9- If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
So there.
So Allison and I had a lot of time to talk today. We were cleaning out her closet and chatting away. Zoey was napping and TLM was playing 52 pick-up with a deck of cards in the playroom and laughing to himself "Mwah, mwah, mwah, this will certainly put her over the edge. Good thing I have a fever."
She is excited about getting her ears pierced, but still sad she won't get to have her friends over to celebrate. Hopefully we'll be able to sneak away to the mall and go to Claire's. She got a birthday card from her great aunt Carolyn that said something about being a "tween" now, so we talked a lot about that and then she dropped a bombshell. I won't tell you what she asked, but I will say I just wasn't prepared for it. I guess I better get some answers ready. Nine -year- olds today are a lot more wise to the world than we realize. I quickly smoothed it over to God's plan for her life.
She said "Don't you think life is like a video game?" Huh? What video game has she ever played besides Tinkerbell and Build a Bear I think to myself. "I mean," she continues, "it's like all these bad things happen- like you getting cancer and Papa dying and all these accidents and stuff."
"I don't like that part about life either." I said. "But that's what it is. It's not always things we like, but God is in control of it all. He doesn't cause the bad stuff, but He will allow it happen. And even though we don't know what He has planned, His desire is to make us SO happy."
"Yeah, I know. I'm so happy I'm getting my ears pierced...."
Yep, she's a "tween".
7 comments:
Hi Alissa!!
I hope you were spared the question my niece asked me when she was 9 or 10, and I was 30 or 40 ... in front of the ENTIRE rest of the family, including my Mom. Egads. Completely out of the blue, NO warning. It's too embarrassing to post -- I will have to tell you in person someday. I CAN tell you I did not handle it well. My tongue got so tied up in knots, I think everyone thought I was choking. It was hilarious, and we ALL blushed, but I'd like to NOT have to re-live the experience. Maybe she will re-ask the question now that I have an actual ANSWER prepared. I'll keep you posted :-).
Cousin Carol
P.S. I don't think I've even told GAIGE the story!
Happy birthday Allison! You are a precious young lady. May God Bless you in all you do.
Love,
Melissa
Please tell Allison "Happy Birthday" for me!! Allison is very blessed to have you for her mom. You are doing a wonderful job raising her. It's so great that she knows she can talk to her mom about anything. Not all kids have that with their moms.
I hope the flu passes quickly!
Trina
Hi Alisa
You said today that you felt like you were under a big cloud. I know this whole year must seem that way to you. Just remember, God is in control. Just think what is going to happen when the SON breaks through those clouds. I can't wait.
Love ya,
Pat
Happy Birthday Allison!
Girl! You are having a time!!! I am praying for all of you!!!
I hope Zoey and TLM are feeling better and no one else has gotten sick! Praying for you!! Let's do lunch again very soon.
I have a book if you need to read it...just so you will know the answers! hah!
Post a Comment