Well, the construction is to the point where we can actually have class in our new schoolroom (what used to be the garage) and I am pleased to report that everything is going very well so far. Our first day of Classical Conversations was wonderful and I even got a little lump in my throat during the opening ceremony. Throughout the summer I have had some ups and downs regarding this new endeavor and I asked God to just give my heart a little affirmation that homeschooling was truly his will for my family. As we pledged the Bible, prayed, and read scripture on that first day, I could feel God giving that little squeeze that said to me, "This is it! THIS is what is best for your family!" I could have cried.
Serving the Lord is such an adventure. I never want to do anything that is not what's best for my family and He is truly the only one that knows that. I can say that the love I have for my children is great, but it pales in comparison to how much the Lord loves them. And I could say that no one cares about their education more that I do, but the Lord cares a lot more that I ever could. WE are officially out of the rat race. We are no longer trying to measure up to the man-made standard. We are raising our children up to serve the Lord and He is taking care of their future. As stressful as this will be at times, I feel so free. Free to be who God wants us to be and that is a homeschool family!
2 comments:
I'm so glad your Fernwood Academy is in full swing! What a blessing that we have to be able to teach our children. I am thrilled to be with you this year at CC and am looking forward to a great year of learning and loving our Lord!
Love,
Karen
I hope things are going well at Fernwood Academy. I really admire you for taking on this huge responsibility in addition to everything else you do on a daily basis.
Please update us when you have time. :)
Love and hugs to you!!
Post a Comment