CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Too long

I have been neglectful, I know. Neglectful of a lot of things, I guess. But honestly I don't know where the times goes.

The Fern5 took a quick trip to Pigeon forge this past weekend. The girls had a Fall break and we wanted to get away for a couple of days. The leaves were just beautiful and the drive through the mountains was very nice. We were able to spend a few hours at Dollywood, eat at our favorite restaurant( Calhouns), do a quick trick or treat, go to the Dixie Stampede, and the mom even got to do a little shopping. A good time was had by all.

I've been on a cleaning spree the last few days. I don't think I have mentioned it here but we have our house up for sale. We have had very little activity since we listed it in June, so today our realtor had a luncheon here in hopes of generating some interest. I am getting a little discouraged, but I am trying to trust that God is controling the timing. The house looks so great and clean and I am sitting here thinking I can just go out and have some fun tomorrow and not even think about doing any housework. Please feel free to stop by for a visit, but you better do it quick because it won't look like this for long.

I am really getting excited about the holidays. I got out my holiday planner tonight though and had a little sad moment. I have lists of present ideas from years past and when I saw dad's I just cried. I was running the Little Mans bath so I could just bawl without anyone hearing me and coming to inquire. I usually got him something like a robe or pajamas or a book or some kind of gadget 'cause you know the man had everything and wanted nothing. My heart just aches to think about being with the family for Christmas and not having him there. But in general I feel happy. I know Dad is happy, I am well, cancer is in my past, I am soon going to be "normal" again and just like He said He has taken something bad and used it for good. I am blessed!

I will post pictures soon of our trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the holiday's will be hard for you, but better days are coming. Love ya, PaT

Anonymous said...

The holidays are hard for a lot of us when family is gone but we try to make up for it with the joy of the kids. Please lets do our cookie swap this year work it out and I will help you if you need me. love FMJ