CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Windy day

Wow! Its really been a crazy windy weather day here. I keep hoping one of these tall trees don't fall down on the house. I am actually ahead on the laundry and we've managed to keep the house semi-clean after the realtor stampede last week. SO- I thought I'd indulge in some guilt-free blogging this afternoon.
I am still enjoying my Experiencing God Bible Study and I feel like I am truly making progress in my quest to know God more. This past week we talked about how we cannot stay where we are and go with God and that we have to adjust our life to Him. Doing that is not easy and often it affects those we love as well. But the blessings of being in the center of God's will are enormous compared to any sacrifices we must make to follow him. I want to be completely sold out to Him, willing to do whatever He wants, for I know that He has blessed me way beyond all I could have imagined. I trust Him with my life and I surrender all. After all I've been through, nothing else makes much sense.
The kids at Dollywood


Two forty-year-olds at Ober Gatlinburg

I am getting so excited about the holidays. We are going to Jacksonville for Thanksgiving and bringing my mom back with us until Christmas. So my goal is to get all my shopping done so that I can be stress-free for December and actually get to do some of the things I always hope to do-like baking and crafting and no last minute anything!

The Little Man and I had the sweetest discussion. Somehow we were talking about the future and I asked him if he thought he might be a preacher someday and he looked at me with a shocked expression and said "A preacher? Instead of an angel?"
I laughed and said "Angels are in Heaven."
"When can I go to Heaven? On Saturday?" He inquired.
"Oh I hope not." I said and my heart dropped into my stomach at the thought. "You will go one day, but now is too soon.." I said.
"I'm gonna sit by Papa there," he said. I could have just cried.
It reminds me of the time Allison and I were having the same type discussion and she said, "When I die I want them to put me in the same box with you Mama."

I have a prayer request I don't want to share, but I just hope you will help me pray about. I felt the Lord was leading me to do something, but now I've met a road block. There is nothing too hard for God, but I just ask you to keep me in your prayers that this will be worked out for the best.

Love you all.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be Praying for you in your special request. I have some exciting news to tell you guys. Harlie (our oldest God daughter) called us on Monday night and had something to tell both of us. Kenneth proceeded to put us on speaker phone and she said "I have something special to tell you. I got saved tonight." We were over joyed with excitment and could hardly sleep that night. She is 5 years old now and it seems like since she has turned 5 she has grown up. Just a little excitment in our life, that we are so please to share with people we love.

We love you guys

Nikie and Kenneth